Tips for managing your student loans
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- Search and search again for that free money, which come in the form of scholarships and grants which you don’t have to repay.
- To make sure you’re eligible for grants and federal loans complete the FAFSA as early as possible each calendar year. That will help you determine if you will have to take out federal loans or private loans.
- Make sure to apply for federal loans first. They have lower interest rates and more generous payback terms.
- If you do take out private loans, compare interest rates, payment options, fees, and time limits.
- Meet with your college financial aid counselor as early as possible and set up a budget. Spend your money wisely.
- For detailed information about all forms of student loans, go to www.finaid.org/loans/studentloan.phtml
- Enjoy college as much as possible! This is the runway to take off on the beginning of your career, so enjoy it.
School Politics Health Money Entertainment Camp Blogs Polls Culture Jobs Race Relationships World Technology Safety Family College Food Your Turn Religion Sports Personal essay Art Music Education Writing Sexuality Special Projects Poverty Print magazine Diversity Movies Business Violence Community @16 Fashion Health & Wellness Teens & Technology Poll Commentary Opinion Books Military Drugs immigration Social Media Careers People People & Places Crime blog Journalism Politcs Climate Change Philanthropy Nonprofit Giving Entertainment Music Q&A Money & Jobs Feminism Teen Driving Money management Health. Special Projects Literature Poetry Blogs; Camp Stress Police Gender Identity Bullying Animals Theater Disability Travel Stereotype News Team Spoken Word Opportunity